Catasetum cernuum is a species of Catasetum found in South America.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with ten to fifteen 3.75 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plant is found growing in the forest of Trinidad, Venezuela and Sao Paulo, Rio de janioero, Espirito Santo and Minas Gerais states of Brazil at elevations of 200 to 1500 meters
Grow in warm conditions with partially bright light. Water regularly during growing season and when plants drop leaves during dormancy reduce watering. During dormancy only water about twice a month to keep pseudobulbs from shriveling. Resume watering normally when new growths occur in spring. Plants can die easily from over watering. Plants are usually grown in bark with perlite, cork, full sphagnum moss, and tree fern
Common name:The Nodding Catasetum
- Catasetum cernuum var revolutum Cogn 1906
- Catasetum cernuum var umbrosum [Barb. Rddr] Cogn.1902
- Catasetum trifidum Hk. 1833
- Catasetum umbrosum Barb. Rodr. 1841
- Catasetum viride (Lindl.) Lindl. 1841
- Monachanthus viridis Lindley 1836
- *Myanthus cernuus Lindley 1833