Bulbophyllum careyanum is a species of Bulbophyllum found in Asia.
Plant blooms in the fall to spring with a cluster of 1.25 cm wide flowers. Flowers are fragrant.
Plants are found growing in evergreen lowland forest of Himalayas, Assam, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam at elevations of 200 to 2100 meters
Keep plant in intermediate to warm temperatures. Keep moist in summer seasons and do not allow mix to dry, in winter keep the mix slight dry and reduce watering. Keep good air movement to avoid fungal growth. Keep plants in shade. Pot plants in sphagnum moss, fine bark, or mounted.
Common Names: Carey's Bulbophyllum.
Entomology:This plant was named after the father of modern missions and botanist, William Carey. After receiving a specimen of this plant from Carey, the Hon and Rev William Herbert (MP) named it after the missionary.
- *Anisopetalum careyanum Hook. 1825
- Bulbophyllum careyanum var ochraceum Hkr. 1890
- Bulbophyllum cupreum auct. no Lindl 1862
- Bulbophyllum cupreum Hook. non Lindl. 1862
- Phyllorchis purpurea (Hook.) Kuntze 1891
- Pleurothallis purpurea D. Don 1825
- Tribrachia purpurea [D.Don] Lindl. 1826