Brassavola cucullata is a species in the genus Brassavola.
Plant blooms from summer to fall. Flowers are 17.5 cm and has a skunky fragrance especially at night
Plant are found growing on trees limbs in the forest of the West Indies, Central America and Northern South America at elevations of 0 to 1800 meters.
Plant prefer dry outs when pseudobulbs complete growth. Water about once every week. Fertilize about once every two weeks during growing season. Plant grows in medium to bright light and intermediate to warm temperatures. Pot in perlite and medium bark or in full sphagnum moss. Plant is best grown mounted.
Common Name: Hooded Brassavola
- Bletia cucullata (L.) Rchb. f. 1861
- Brassavola appendiculata A. Rich. 1845
- Brassavola cucullata [L.]R.Br. var cuspidata [Hkr.] LIndley 1887
- Brassavola cucullata [L.]R.Br. var elegans Schlechter 1919
- Brassavola cuspidata Hooker 1839
- Brassavola elongata Hort. 1954
- Brassavola odorattissima Regel 1852
- Cymbidium cucullatum Sw. 1799
- Epidendrum cucullatum L. 1763