Barkeria skinneri is a plant in the genus Barkeria.
Plant blooms from fall to mid winter with few to many 4 cm wide flowers.
Plant is found growing on trees and rocks in the oak and deciduous forest of Chiapas, Mexico and northwestern Guatemalaat elevations of 900 to 1900 meters
Plants are grown in cool to intermediate conditions in intermediate sunlight. They are usually grown mounted on cork or bark with sphagnum moss. Plants should be watered regularly. Keep the plant in a media that can dry out pretty quickly. The plant can also take dryouts between waterings. Keep the plant in an area with good air circulation. Watering should be reduced during resting season from fall to winter.
Common Name:Skinner's Barkeria
- Barkeria skinneri var major Paxton 1849
- Dothiolophis purpurea Raf. 1838
- Epidendrum fuschii Regel 1850
- Epidendrum skinneri Bateman ex Lindl. 1836
- Epidendrum skinneri var superbum Warner 1862-4