Aerangis modesta is an species in the genus Aerangis.
Plant blooms from spring to summer with six to fifteen fragrant flowers. Flowers are 2.5 cm wide.
Plants are found growing in the forest of Madagascar and Comoros at elevations of 100 to 1500 meters
Plants are best grown hanged in baskets and on mounted and usually require moderate lighting and warm temperatures. If hunged the roots must be watered frequently. Plants should be grown in media that is well drained such as tree fern fibers (for small plants),several pieces of coarse fir bark, or sphagnum moss.
Common Names: The Modest Aerangis
- Aerangis crassipes Schlechter 1918
- Aerangis modesta O.Ktze. 1914
- Angorchis modesta (Hook. f.) Kuntze 1891
- *Angraecum modestum Hkr. 1883
- Angraecum sanderianum Rchb.f 1888
- Rhaphidorhynchus modestus (Hook. f.) Finet 1907
- Rhaphidorhynchus modestus var. sanderianus (Rchb. f.) Poiss. 1912